I came across news of a new glass style that is the result of a collaboration between Dogfish Head, Sierra Nevada, and Spiegelau. The glass is designed specifically for drinking India Pale Ale (IPA). The Dogfish Head web site lists the specific features they say will bring out the best in hop-forward beers:
- Thin, round walls to maintain proper temperature longer.
- A slender, bowed shape to amplify hop aromas.
- Wave-like ridges to aerate beer on its way in and out of the glass.
- A wide mouth, allowing drinkers to comfortably nose the beer.
- A laser-etched logo on the bottom of the bowl to sustain carbonation and head.
Both breweries are offering the glassware on their online stores, with the respective brewery's logo for $9.00. Here are Sierra Nevada's Ken Grossman and Dogfish Head's Sam Calagione discussing the new glass.
Do we need another beer glass style? It's got nothing to do with need. It's about enjoyment. Given my fondness for IPA, I'm looking forward to putting these to the test.
That's a cool glass.ReplyDelete
Do you need another gun? Same answer.
Yep! Need has little bearing. :-)Delete